Accountant for Accounts Receivable (FT)
The Baptist General Association of Virginia (BGAV) seeks a new team member in the Business Office with good interpersonal and communication skills, as well as experience. This position works closely with internal and external contacts to provide exceptional customer service. The position is full-time and focused on accounts receivable. Responsibilities include:
• Process and post charitable contributions
• Routinely reconcile contributions software and accounting software to maintain accuracy
• Answer BGAV budget questions about Cooperative Missions and giving plan options for churches
• Update and maintain all church giving plans (customized accounts)
• Maintain IRS tax-exempt listing of BGAV churches
• Provide regular reports of contributions to internal departments and external ministry partners
• Provide year-end statements to all donors
• Maintain electronic and paper records
To apply for the position, complete the online application, found at: Application for Accountant.
The Accountant should have excellent communication, research, problem solving, and time management skills. High level of accuracy, efficiency, and accountability. Ability to query and analyze data needed. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and Luminate Online a plus. College education and 2-4 years’ experience in this or related field required.
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience
Benefits include: medical, dental, life insurance, retirement, and generous vacation and sick leave.
How to Apply:
Position open until filled. To apply for the position, click here and complete the online application.