The Building Superintendent is responsible for the care and use of all church owned facilities, which includes the following: all buildings, grounds, equipment, furnishings and vehicles.
The Building Superintendent shall have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and a calling to ministry as evidenced by a daily walk with the Lord, and a passion for the advancement of the ministries of the church.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Direct the following facilities management programs of the church:
• Assist the Church Administrator in developing and monitoring operational policies regarding church facilities.
• Calendar use of facilities and approve use of equipment.
• Refer to calendar of events and schedule proper setups for each occasion.
• Assist in setting up for various church functions, to include audio-visual requirements.
• Work as a liaison with the Property Committee in developing and implementing a plan of overall physical plant use and maintenance.
• Inspect church facilities on a regular basis; establish a program of housekeeping, security and minor general repairs.
• Oversee fire, safety, and security equipment, and work with fire, police, and other public officials regarding church property matters. Have fire extinguishers serviced and checked periodically and have a current tag indicating the last date of service.
• Supervise all contracted work.
• Secure technical services as required. Have several good vendors in each specialty so that bids can be taken for economy when feasible.
• Assist with weddings, funerals, or other special events as requested.
• Maintain a perpetual inventory of all church owned equipment and furnishings.
• Supervise the pest control service in all areas.
• Recommend purchase of needed equipment and other improvements pertaining to property and equipment.
• Handle any minor repairs of furniture, buildings and equipment.
• Monitor vehicles and schedule maintenance as required.
• Order supplies and materials relative to responsibilities.
• Supervise employees/contractors who assist in above responsibilities.
• Enforce and maintain all policies and procedures of the church.
• Foster cooperation, teamwork, respect and dependability within the church staff.
• Create an environment of trust by maintaining privacy and confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Faithfully radiate energy, friendliness, righteousness, fellowship and stewardship in promoting the Lord’s work at FBCA.
• Endorse and support the church’s Vision and Mission statements and the church’s Constitution and Bylaws.
• Other duties as assigned by the Church Administrator.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Lindsey Paulsen at firstname.lastname@example.org.