Minister to Students
Buchanan Baptist Church, 19730 Main Street, Buchanan, Virginia, is seeking a person to serve as minister to children and youth, to continue current ministries and to develop new ministries as needed. Full-time position is available immediately. Salary determined by education, experience, and housing needs. The church does own a residence that could be available to the approved candidate as part of a compensation package.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Work well and relate to children and youth.
• Have a valid driver’s license.
• Submit to a criminal background check
• Coordinate with staff members and church volunteers to conduct ministries to children and youth.
• Coordinate with area organizations, schools, and other churches to provide/support ministries to children and youth.
• Show initiative in planning and preparation of ministry and other activities.
• Participate in children and youth camps and other activities.
• Lead youth Bible Study on Wednesday evenings, and Sunday School on Sunday mornings.
• Meet with Children’s Committee and Youth Committee periodically to keep them informed as to needs and to enhance communication.
• Participate as needed in Sunday morning worship services.
• Occasionally fill the pulpit in the pastor’s absence or as needed.
• Coordinate and keep records of required training for children/youth volunteers.
• Coordinate and keep records of background checks as needed for children/youth volunteers.
Submit resume to:
Buchanan Baptist Church
Attention: Personnel Committee
PO Box 537
Buchanan, VA 24066
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org